Welcome to Transparency Blog! I don’t know how you found this site, but I know without a shadow of a doubt that God brought you here for a reason.
- feel lost or lonely
- are trying to figure out who you are, or you don’t know who you are
- feel like your life is falling apart
- aren’t confident in yourself; you feel uncomfortable, trapped, and you struggle with self-love
- have identity issues – you somehow place your identity in your performance or what people think and you can’t seem to get past the discontentment, jealousy, resentment, shame, depression or anxiety
- don’t know what God says about you and you have no idea how to find out
- are going through a really difficult season and don’t know what to do about it
And that’s okay! But after you’ve hung around here awhile, it is my deepest prayer that you will come to know just how much you matter to God. I hope you will believe that God finds you significant, you belong to Him, and it is completely possible to exchange your broken identity (whatever that is) for freedom, redemption, and healing. My mission is to use real stories and provide resources that will help you uncover your identity in Christ.
SO. With that said, can we set a couple of ground rules?
- You matter. End of discussion.
My passion is to make everyone feel encouraged and valued. Whether that’s through Instagram, a blog post, or an email, I want to leave you better than I found you, as though you’ve encountered the love of Christ.
- This is a safe place.
I have made it a sincere goal to create a safe environment for everyone that reads this blog or joins this community. No matter what you’re going through, I care about you and want to give you the opportunity to be open about it.
- Transparency is not just a name.
I keep things real. I use transparency because I’m a real person going through real life too. I do this to remind you that you’re not alone. And if God can work in and through my life, He can do the same for you!
Posts go live every Monday, and the TB newsletter is sent out every other Thursday!
What to Expect:
1. Lessons I’ve learned while walking with Christ that will help you realize that you are not alone when facing the challenges of being a Christian.
2. Scriptures, bible studies, and devotionals that will encourage you and remind you of God’s faithfulness and sovereignty.
3. Testimonies and interviews that will inspire you to chase after God and walk in your calling with your gifts, weaknesses, and talents.
I would love for you to walk with me as I walk with Christ. How can we desire to fit in, when He chose us to stand out? I know that God has perfect plans for each of us, and I’m excited to see how He will move. I only pray that you hear His words instead of mine. Need somewhere to start?
- If you have any prayer requests, I would love to pray for you. Just click here.
- Read some popular posts such as 10 Ways to Remove Distractions and Choose God First or Number 1 Weapon to Fight the Enemy.
- There are the free resources including devotionals and the resource library filled with worksheets, scriptures cards, and more. Check out the free resources here.
About Hanha, Founder of Transparency Blog
Now that you know how Transparency blog can help you, I want to be a little more transparent. My first year of college was probably one of the hardest years of my life. I had never felt so alone, and I questioned absolutely everything about my faith. I remember being on the phone with my mom confused about who I was as a person.
My mom encouraged me to read the Bible with her from the start of Genesis to the end of Revelation. We emailed scripture back and forth and wherever one stopped, the other would pick up until we had finished the entire Bible. It was through this experience and many others, that I began to understand who I was and how my identity was being molded into the identity of Christ.
Rededicating my Life
Growing up in the church, I always knew the bible stories, but I remember rereading about Moses and the children of Israel. It was the perfect illustration and parallel to my life. Before truly walking with God, I was broken, insecure, lost, empty, confused, and prideful. I was just like the children of Israel who were trapped in bondage under Pharaoh’s rule. But instead of a king, I was trapped by worldly chains like the opinions of others, idols of success, and the desire to be perfect.
But it’s almost as if God showed up and poured out His grace, love, and mercy all over me. I was overwhelmed by His faithfulness and how He chose to love me in spite of my brokenness. He pursued me when I didn’t want to be pursued, and accepted me when I couldn’t even accept myself. So in October of 2012, I made the decision to rededicate my life to Christ and fully surrender myself to Him. I remember standing there sobbing because I finally felt whole and loved. It was my first step, and I was so determined to live solely for Him.
Growing in Faith
Just like in any relationship, it is so important to spend quality time with the person. I started to spend time with God and I made an effort to talk to Him every day. I didn’t know exactly what to do, what to say, how to study, or anything else. It’s why I used private blogs to write my prayers and thoughts because it was easier to write than speak to God out-loud.
That was in 2012, and I would like to say that I have grown so much since then. I don’t need blogs to pray, but there’s something about writing out my experiences and leaving all of my emotions in a post. I decided to cast my cares on God through writing so I could process how I felt and find peace through difficult situations.
Transparency Blog Goes Public
It wasn’t until 2014 that I believed my story and experiences could possibly encourage someone else. I wanted others to know that they weren’t alone. I wanted to be real and I wanted to be vulnerable because how could anyone really relate to a superficial conversation? How could I help anyone if I wasn’t willing to be open about my doubts, insecurities, or brokenness?
Originally, I was super nervous about making my blog public because I didn’t want to commercialize God. Today, that is a huge attack of the enemy. Plus, so many other people were blogging and creating YouTube channels. Why would mine even matter? Or how could my blog be any different? Then I was reminded, it’s not about me, it’s about God. I chose the name Transparency because I want people to see me for who I really am: a sinner saved by grace.
So join me in this journey! I’m so glad you’re here. I hope you know how loved you are, not just by me, but by God Himself. If you’re feeling up to it, come hang out with me on Instagram! I’d love for us to connect and chat. 🙂